2022 Ram 1500 in BC Towing Guide
2022 Ram 1500 (DT) Towing and Payload Charts
2022 Ram 1500: Towing Guide
These are some of the most common questions we get on the topic of towing. Check them out they might be the same questions you have.
What Is Torque?
- Torque refers to rotational power, and when applied to a vehicle, it indicates the force produced by an engine's crankshaft, measured in pound-feet. Generally, the more torque that a vehicle can apply, the better suited it is for moving heavy objects, such as when towing or climbing steep grades.
What Is Horsepower?
- Horsepower is a measure of the power that an engine produces, or what it takes to move an object over a certain distance in a certain amount of time. In the simplest terms, horsepower measures the rate at which work is done. One unit of horsepower is the power required to raise a 33,000-pound object by one foot in a minute.
What Is Payload Capacity?
- Payload capacity is the amount of weight your vehicle can carry, including passengers and cargo. It does not include the weight of the vehicle itself.
What Is Towing Capacity?
- Towing capacity indicates how much your vehicle can tow, including the weight of your trailer itself.
How Is Towing Capacity Calculated?
- To calculate your towing capacity, you'll need to know your vehicle's Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR, which is determined by the manufacturer), the weight of your vehicle (or curb weight), and the weight of any payload you're carrying (passengers and cargo combined). Subtract the vehicle's curb weight and payload weight from GCWR to find how much your vehicle can tow.
What Does GVWR Mean?
- GVWR, or Gross Vehicle Weight Rating, indicates the maximum operable weight of a vehicle, including all components of the vehicle itself as well as fuel, accessories, the driver, and any passengers and cargo, but excluding all towing.
2022 Ram 1500: Competitor Comparison Chart
The 2022 Ram 1500 yields both exceptional strength and best-in-class performance. This fleet of light-duty pick-ups - which includes the Tradesman, Big Horn, Sport, Rebel, Laramie, Limited Longhorn, and TRX trims - can effortlessly accommodate all cargo demands in BC through its five available engine suites.
3.6L Pentastar V6 with eTorque Generating up to 305 HP and 269 lb.-ft of torque (plus 90-feet of launch torque), this mild hybrid system affords 7,710 pounds of towing for its 4×2 configuration and 7,460 pounds for the 4×4.
Standard on Tradesman and Big Horn.
5.7 HEMI V8
Achieve maximum power, with this engine delivering up to 395 HP and 410 lb.-ft of torque. Its impressive towing output (12,750 pounds, 4×2; 11,410 pounds, 4×4) allows drivers to dominate cargo.
Standard on Sport, Rebel, Laramie, Limited Longhorn, and Limited.
Available on Tradesman and Big Horn.
5.7L HEMI V8 with eTorque
Discover potent power, courtesy of this mild hybrid option. 395 HP pairs with 410 lb.-ft of torque (plus 130 lb.-ft of launch torque); and the available 12,750 pounds of towing on the 4×2 will impress.
Standard on GT Package.
Available on Laramie, Limited Longhorn, and Limited.
3.0L EcoDiesel V6
Anchored by an eight-speed automatic transmission, this engine produces up to 260 HP and 480 lb.-ft of torque. Drivers can now effortlessly adapt to trailering demands, taking advantage of the available 12,560 pounds of towing (4×2).
Available on Rebel, Limited, Limited Longhorn, and Laramie.
6.2L Supercharged HEMI V8
Boasting a full-time 4×4 and six TRX-unique selectable drive-modes, this engine yields up to 702 HP and a best-in-class 650 lb.-ft of torque; while its maximum tow output is 8,100 pounds.
2022 Ram 1500 In BC: Custom Packages Available
The new Ram 1500 proves ready to accommodate heavy hauls, delivering custom suites to BC drivers - including the Trailer Tow Group, Bed Utility Group, and Off-Road Group.
2022 Ram 1500: Trailer Tow Group
Available on the new Ram 1500 is the Trailer Tow Group. This suite features a brake control (which efficiently regulates speed patterns while descending or ascending), a light check (which cycles through all front and rear bulbs to ensure they're properly functioning), and a reverse steering feature (which affords precise handling through its knob-activated console). More effectively navigate while travelling in BC, no matter how heavy the load.
2022 Ram 1500: Bed Utility Group
Offered on the 2022 Ram 1500 is the Bed Utility Group. This package assures a seamless hauling experience in BC, boasting four adjustable Mopar tie-down hooks to firmly secure cargo. The addition of a deployable bed step further impresses, allowing drivers to easily scale the truck and access items in the rear. Take advantage of this suite to achieve a maximum payload capacity of 2,300 pounds (1,043 kg) and optimize your storage options.
2022 Ram 1500: Off-Road Group
Featured on the new Ram 1500 is the Off-Road Group. Despite its name, this suite delivers more than trail-worthy performance to BC - boasting heavy-duty shock absorbers, Hill Descent Control technology, and the exclusive Pages function. This affords instant access to key vehicle metrics (including pitch and roll rates) to enable drivers to better adapt to changing environments when towing a trailer. Master cargo and terrains alike.